Dr James McIntosh
PhD, MTM, MEnvPl, MSc, BSurv
James is an experienced professional with over 25 years as a self-employed consultant and with multidisciplinary engineering and environmental consultancies in Australia and internationally. Positions and qualifications in the fields of strategic infrastructure policy, transport planning, land use planning and land development consulting. Offering a combination of creativity and analytical skill in project assurance reviewing, management, funding analysis, and risk assessment to meet client’s expectations.
Key area of academic research
Alternative mechanisms for funding transit: The influence of beneficiary analysis on traditional transport infrastructure investment.
James’ key skills are consulting in the fields of:
- Transport Planning and Economics
- Statutory/Land Use/Development Planning
- Business Case
- Funding Analysis
- Assurance and Gateway Review
- Project Team Leadership
- Project Management and Client Liaison
- Stakeholder Engagement/Consultation
- Project/Policy Leadership and Advocacy
- Public Speaking and Media